The most convenient way to join AfEA or renew your membership is by using our ecommerce system. Payments can be made with a credit card. Register for a new account if you would like to join. To renew, login to your account and select your renewal option.
CLICK TO JOIN
If you prefer postal mail, you may download our AfEA Membership Application and send it with a check or money draft in U.S. dollars.
The check should be payable to:
African Epidemiological Association (AfEA)
University College Hospital
Starting in 2018 new members may join at a reduced membership rate if you select only to receive the Electronic version of the AJE. The Print copy is still available and can be received if the individual pays the regular membership rate. Rates are listed below. Changes to the database and implementation of this will be available starting 2018.
|CATEGORY||DURATION (MONTHS)||CURRENT PRICE W/AJE||PRICE WITH E-JOURNAL ONLY|
|Northern Africa||12||Northern Africa|
Students & Seniors
- 50% of applicable rate; only valid for one year memberships.
- Student status proof requested for the same period of subscription.
- Electronic copy of AJE only.
- 50% of applicable rates
- Applicable to active / new members, who have retired from full-time employment and are 60 years of age or older.
- Electronic copy of AJE only.
Joint Memberships with National Associations
We maintain a joint membership program with many national associations. The benefits available to joint members include all benefits of fully-paid regular membership, except receiving the printed version of the African Journal of Epidemiology.
Joint Memberships for Europeans are 40.00 USD (15 USD goes directly to the European Epidemiological Federation). All other joint memberships are 25.00 USD. You may select the joint membership option when you Join or Renew online.
We actively solicit applications from national organizations. If your organization would like to apply for joint membership, they may contact us for details
Affinity memberships are noted with an asterisk.
|Name of Association|
|Proof of membership in the national association should be provided. National membership must be current for the entire period of subscription.|
|International Society for Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE)||Join/Renew|
|Cameroon Society of Epidemiology (CaSE)||Join/Renew|
|Epidemiological Society of Nigeria (EPiSON)||Join/Renew|
|Southern African Clinical Epidemiology Association (SACEA)||Join/Renew|
Benefits of Membership
- Belong to the oldest, and only truly African professional organization of epidemiologists.
- Interact with more than 2000 professionals from over 54 countries who work on a broad range of substantive and methodological areas in epidemiology and public health.
- Network with colleagues, regionally and internationally.
- Access the African Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) online. (A subscription to the print version of the journal can be purchased for an addition $15/year. This option is not available for discounted membership categories, such as, student, ECE, joint, and senior members.)
- Benefit from reduced registration fees at AEA global and regional meetings and activities.
- Contribute to the evolution of epidemiology via the AEA’s discussions of practice boundaries, peer review, professional conduct, ethics, and other matters of importance to the field.
- Assist epidemiologists from other countries by donating a portion of your membership fee
- Provide opportunities for graduate students to develop projects focusing on health inequalities in under-privileged and remote populations
- Be listed in and access our international data-base of epidemiologists.
- Opportunity for Early Career Epidemiologists to interact with each other.